– This promises to be one of our most testing courses ever in the 25 years I’ve been involved with the race, and will produce a fitting winner, and epic battles for everyone.
– We have invested in TRANSPONDERS and I thank Ivor and Len for their huge help, enthusiasm and ease to work with, for us to achieve this.
– There will be a PRIZE PRESENTATION for each race, approx 30 mins after each race.
– The course will be the usual mix of tracks, rideable hills, grass, woodland and fun descents and bankings, offering a flowing and mostly fast course.
– The course will be wide as usual, and accomodate a huge field with ease, and overtaking will be a breeze, so the more riders the better.
– However, will lapped riders please note they MUST move off the racing line and allow the faster riders the course to race. (Novices please understand this is the RULE)
– The younger riders courses also aim to offer a course fitting of their desire for excitement and an epic race.
– There will be a double pit halfway round the main course.
– The finish will be in the usual place at the courses highest point near the road.
– Changing rooms will be at the running track as they were at the last race.
– PLEASE use quality locks to lock your bikes to car racks etc. We have not lost any bikes for may be 20 years and we want this to continue.
– PLEASE take care of your transponder, each one is worth about an amazing £80 to replace!!
– If you have been doing your running training it’s likely you will be rewarded, if not remember the soldiers of the two world wars in the trenches and get stuck in!
– The weather forecast is for a dry and cold day, and spectators are most welcome.
IF YOU DON’T RIDE THIS RACE THEN THERE WILL BE A GAP IN YOUR PALMERES THAT WILL BE UNPLUGGABLE, EVEN IF YOU BECOME WORLD CHAMPION 😉
NB. the organiser does not accept wimpy excuses. Man or a mouse…COME AND RIDE IT, it’s what being a Northerner is all about 😉