Jonny McEvoy was 39th at the World Championships is Zeddam at the weekend. He finished a very respectable 2:39 behind dutch winner Boy Van Poppel, and continues to show great promise with another year yet to race at Junior level.
On the British Cycling website, Jonny commented: “I really enjoyed that. I started right near the back so I had a job to do to get near the front but I think I did alright for my first Worlds. It was a really hard race which I really enjoyed. I was sitting on wheels on the finishing straight to get out of the wind and then trying my hardest to get the best place possible. I had a good race really. I didn”t come off although I did hit a few people”.
Link to the race report on the cyclingnew.com website here
Super-Junior Jonny McEvoy won his final race before the Junior World Championships on 29 Jan at Phillips Park, Manchester.? McEvoy was chased all the way by a group of three riders, and although his lead hovered at a maximum of 30 seconds, he held enough in the bag to take a well deserved victory.? Full results here.
North West ”A” came away with a stunning victory in today”s British Cycling Inter-Area championships at Peel Park in Bradford. Arguably the biggest factor in the victory was the outright win for Rob Jebb (Wheelbase), on a demanding but fast course, but the most satisfying placing was first-year-junior Jonny McEvoy, who made his mark amongst the best seniors in the country.
Senior Team Result:
- North West A 17 Points
- East Midlands A 19 Points
- London 75 Points
- Wales 91 Points
- North East 99 Points
- North West B 142 Points
- West Midlands 145 Points
- South West 146 Points
- Yorkshire B 173 Points
- Yorkshire C 176 Points
read more on the BC website here.
North West riders got some great results in the weekend”s National Cyclo-Cross Championships at Sutton Park, Birmingham. The racing yielded two North West champions; Roy Hunt (Science in Sport.com, pictured below) in grand vet category and Jeff Standley (Lakes RC) in the master vets.
Senior Men:( 1. Roger Hammond, Discovery Channel)
9. Rob Jebb, Wheelbase/Ron Hill
13. Lewis Craven, Wheelbase/Ron Hill
26. Mark Leyland, Horwich CC
28. Stuart Reid, Wheelbase/Ron Hill
38. Anthony Morris, Individual Member
46. Dave Brailsford, Individual Member
57. Adrian Dalgleish, Lune RCC
( 1. Helen Wyman, Team FBUK/Fat Birds Don”t Fly)
16. Carolyn Wright (V), Horwich CC
( 1. David Fletcher, Sherwood Pines/Newark Castle CC)
5. Jonathan McEvoy, Kinesis UK
Veterans National Cyclo Cross Championship
( 1. Adrian Timmis, Pinarello RT, Veteran)
27. Duncan Stuart, Keswick MTB, Senior Vet
30. Dave Headon, Horwich CC, Veteran
38. Ray Pugh, Liverpool Mercury, Senior Vet
59. David Tinker, Clayton Velo, Senior Vet
1. Roy Hunt, Science in Sport.com, Grand Vet
2. John Galway, Keswick MTB, Grand Vet
6. Jeff Standley,Lakes RC, Master Vet
26. Andy Stubbs, Barrow Central Wheelers, Grand Vet
27. Greg Rowson, Macclesfield Wheelers, Master Vet
40. Ian Small, Zodiac CRC, Super Vet
48. Peter Watson, Horwich CC, GM Vet
Our league”s leading veteran thought he”d sneak off to Belgium for a bit of racing without us lot finding out…Not likely… well done Dave Headon for representing your country on the ”bigger stage”.
A cold day but a good turnout and a great course. Well done to all involved in pulling an event out of nowhere! Full results in pdf format here