Update and Race info: SportCity Cross, Clayton Vale – Saturday 9th October
This update in from race organiser Phil Braybrooke in advance of next Saturday’s SportCity Velo event at Clayton Vale
- This years event is a ‘B’ and we will get the results out quickly to BC for those looking for points
- Signing on will be at the Visitor Centre ( for directions see below ) – U12 is at 11, U16 @ 12pm , everyone else @ 1pm
- You will be able to use the changing facilities at the National Cycling Centre (Velodorme) and also the car park. Please no muddy boots inside the Velodrome but consider using these facilities as car parking on the roads close to the Visitor Centre can be limited. We do not have use of the car park at the pub ( The Bay Horse ) opposite the Visitor Centre as previous years
- For those who havnt raced at Clayton Vale before the Visitor Centre as at the Juntion of Edge Lane and Berry Brow (M40 1GR) – The aproach to the Centre is on a blind bend so please take care
- The course/s is/are the same as we used in Oct 2009, which were well received by riders, a mix of grass, tarmac, gravel tracks and one set of steps.
- Start will be in the top field a couple of minutes ride away from the Visitor Centre
- Re-freshments will be be povided by the ‘Friends of Clayton Vale’ at the Visitor Centre from
- There will be live race commentry by ‘BigUn’ ( Ian Bury )
- There will a seperate U12 course so you can warm up on the full course
- We aim to tape as much of the course as practical
- We aim to offer a wide range of cash prizes in line with what the BC guidelines state. Also prizes from our sponsor 3 in 1 bike lubricants
- All are welcome as always, we would like a big entry in all races, and the course is able to accommodate easy overtaking, and for everyone to enjoy their racing.
- Clayton Vale is open to the Public with a number of footpaths. Please take care. We have in the past had youths causing a nuicence. We will have marshalls out on the course so please report any incidents.
- Much of the Vale is recalimed land and drains well. You may spot glass, most of this has been there for a long time, and doesnt usually cause a problem