Some information and keys points ahead of next weekend’s racing.
As you probably know, Saturday’s races at Haigh Hall is a NWCCA League Event with the normal format of events.
The Sunday races are not and have a slightly different format (U8s is now at 11:20 as a separate event and there is no Novice event) and some small course tweaks.
The organisers will be making a donation to Charlie Craig Fund from profits from Saturday and Sundays event #Rideforcharlie
Unfortunately Nick and Sarah may not be able to attend the weekend due to prior commitments
Finding and parking
- There is an Artisan market on at the venue on Sunday and due to them being really busy around midday we are asking people for later events to arrive before 11am where possible to avoid any delays in parking.
- The parking charge is £3 parking to the attendants, which will be on arrival, cash only
- The event is at Haigh Hall, Copperas Lane, Haigh, Wigan, WN2 1PE >> Map here
- Staircase to heaven (run up) for Sundays race
- Built bridge is being erected to go under and over while racing!
- The course is currently extremely dry, and handles water exceptionally well
- There is one single-pit only
- Start on finish is on hard surface
- There are two short climbs and one slighter longer climb per lap
Entries and prizes
- Gender-Equal prize money will be awarded for Senior men’s and Women’s races on both days.
- Entry for Sunday’s race for U8/10/12 will be free and enter on the day only
- Entries for Sundays Race can also be taken on the day (pre-entry has closed now-ish!)
- Sign on and Pit area is by the High Ropes course – clearly visible when you walk into the venue from the car park
- Water is available close to the sign on area
- As with many of our races, this is a busy public park so riders please just be cautious leaving bikes unattended.
- Jet wash and water drop off can be done on New Road – if needed – located only 200 metres from the pits
- Trade stands will be there from
- Lusso clothing
- Kinesis bikes
- Challenge tyres
- Secret Training
- Big Bobble Hats
Look forward to seeing you next weekend!