Preview from organiser Dave Headon:
The leagues biggest and fastest course is ready for the epic contests on Sunday
You can expect the following:
– A huge wide course free of bottlenecks and ready to accommodate fields of up to 200 riders
– the fastest race you will ride all the cross season!
– the longest, widest and safest start area of any cross in GB, on grass park land.
– excellent spectator viewing, with most of the course to be seen from the finish area.
– 43 fast bends per lap
– 3 bankings per lap to ride
– 2 cambered sections, one being in the woods.
– fully taped off course
– lots of fast grass sections, some tree root sections, some dirt.
– a course free of puncture hazards, so bring your best tyres, and run the pressures of your choice.
– the excellent NW transponder system, masterminded by Len Woffindin, Rob Pugh and John Brailsford will be in operation.
– on site car parking (please lock your bikes to your cars, so we don’t have any chance of any going missing)
– changing rooms with hot showers at the PowerLeague 5 building, where we also do the signing on upstairs.
– the forecast is dry at present
History has not been written yet, it’s up to you now
Good Luck and enjoy, we await the showdown!
Please do not wear muddy footwear in the signing on room upstairs.
British Cycling Website Event Details
Further information can be found on the British Cycling website here.