Preview: Horwich Humdinger 16th Sept 2018, Leverhulme Park
Seconds away, round 2.
- parking on LONG LANE, which is the road running next to the park and course, is allowed, but only on the side where the houses are.
- you can park on the car park next to the sports centre, but it will fill up quite quickly
- PARK RUN has more runners than we have riders, and everyone manages to park then, so it will be possible.
- please don’t park on any pavements as this may invite residents to ring the police
- please don’t park on the PREMIER 5 football car park, they need this space for their customers and they have asked us politely.
- please don’t park on any grass areas as the council have worked hard to improve the park.
- don’t leave bikes unlocked on cars, take them with you
- when signing on take your bike with you, we have designed the signing on access to enable this to happen easily for you.
- go through the railing gates at the side of the sports centre to access signing on from the back door of the sports centre, next to the finishing straight of the running track. Registration closes 20 min before each race. Please allow time to get to the start from sign on, about 10 min.
CHANGING ROOMS AND SHOWERS
- access them from the signing on area, please respect them as usual
Horwich CC have two confirmed catering vans, who will be located on the main field, near to the action:
- Frothy coffee van (Peter Steele who came last year)
- Eves Crepes and Waffles
- Hot dog and burger van (still to be confirmed)
- Kids Racing – Lynette with her clothing and cycling accessories will also be there , as last year
If the weather is looking poor then we would appreciate any spare gazebos being put up in a central position together to give spectators some respite from the elements! There is really no where to hide at Leverhulme!! Thank you.
The same as last year ! See below.