Preview: Horwich Humdinger – NWCCA round 3, 22 September 2019
Leverhulme Park, Bolton this Sunday for round 3.
Please let’s avoid a repeat of theft £3k bike(s) in 2017. Leverhulme Park is a safe area for you and your family to enjoy a great days cycle racing. There are no personal safety issues, but please note these PARKING DO’s and DONTs for security.
- park on Long Lane
- or park on the main car park next to Long Lane but within the park boundary.
- park on the small car park next to the Premier 5’s building as we are not allowed there.
- park on any side roads off Long Lane that are on the opposite side to the park due to heightened risk of theft from cars of bikes or valuables.
Bring your bike to signing on, it’s safe there, we have got the side gate open for you to to this but don’t leave it unlocked on a car.
…are at sign on, which is a good 5 min walk from the start, no portaloos on the park itself.
- The smart coffee company – selling drinks of all descriptions – cash only
- ARC catering – breakfast barms / burgers, caters for vegetarians and vegans, so just ask about the food if not obvious and you require vegan
Sign on finishes 20 min before the race to avoid start line delays.
As per normal league days, there are 6 separate races and on two of the races there are split start times (Under 10 race and Women’s race):
|Start||Race name||Race duration||Entry fee|
|10:30||Youth & Novice||30 min||£6.00|
|11:20||Under 8||10 min||£1.00|
|11:45||Under 12||15 min||£1.00|
|11:46||Under 10||15 min||£1.00|
|12:30||Veteran 50+ men||40 min||£14.00 (*£12.00)|
|12:31||Senior and Veteran Women||40 min||£14.00 (*£12.00)|
|– 12:31||U23 Women||40 min||£12.00 (*£10.00)|
|– 12:31||Junior Women||40 min||£12.00 (*£10.00)|
|13:30||Veteran 40 / Veteran 45 Men||40 min||£14.00 (*£12.00)|
|14:30||Senior Men||50 min||£14.00 (*£12.00)|
|– 14:30||U23 Men||50 min||£12.00 (*£10.00)|
|– 14:30||Junior Men||50 min||£12.00 (*£10.00)|
* Lower entry fee applies to NWCCA League Members.
… are as per 2018, below.